Chicago bus trip to Illinois State to see Gamma Phi Circus
Chicago Redbirds, grab a seat on the bus with old roommates and friends to take a trip back to your alma mater. Or even better, what a perfect #RedbirdFamily outing! Whether alumni have young ones or those starting to think about where to go to college, this trip to campus will not disappoint. This is a chance to relive all those favorite times on campus while learning what’s new around town.
- Ever wonder how Lexington fits into the Illinois State puzzle? Wait no more with a visit to the University Farm on the way to town!
- Arrive on campus. Take a tour to see the changes and the many places that have remained the same.
- Eat lunch at Tri-Towers’ Marketplace at Linkins. An array of options will be available.
- Attend a matinee performance of Gamma Phi Circus. ISU’s collegiate circus is a show that will dazzle you with this year’s fairytale theme.
- After the show, get an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Dr. Jo Ann Rayfield Archives and learn how university history is documented. For those that are history buffs or just have a love for ISU, this should be a good time. After the history lesson, the group will tour the Archives storage area called “The Stacks,” and see historic collections including ISU’s collection of presidential portraits and Charles Hovey’s Civil War swords.
- Free time! Explore more of campus, visit Uptown Normal, shop, and enjoy the beautiful day together as Redbirds.
- As the day comes to a close, the group will come together and travel to the top of Watterson for a Bird’s Eye View tour.
- Guests head back home in the comfort of our charter while enjoying one more ISU staple for dinner – Avanti’s!
The bus will depart from/return to Macy’s parking lot Oak Brook or Louis Joliet Mall. Driving is also an option. Cost is $47/person and $20 for children 4 and under. It includes roundtrip charter bus to Normal, lunch, dinner, and a ticket to the matinee performance of Gamma Phi Circus. Space is limited. Register by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 9 at the link above or call Alumni Relations at (309) 438-2586.