National Walking Day
Join Health Promotion and Wellness and other campus and local organizations for National Walking Day! Participants will not only walk, but can also complete additional activities such as blood pressure checks, nutrition trivia, prizes, and more. Each additional activity completed equals an additional entry into the prize drawings. Heart health information and other wellness resources will be available from various campus and local organizations.
This is a free event open to students, employees, and the entire Illinois State University community.
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held on the concourse level of Redbird Arena.
- Warm up with Campus Recreation at 12:05 p.m.
- Walk a loop of the Quad with Reggie at 12:10 p.m., but feel free to stop by anytime between noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Complete extra activities along the route to receive additional entries into the drawings for prizes such as a Subway gift card, a Fitbit, and more.
- Visit with campus and local organizations
- Post photos of you walking using the hashtag #ISUWalks to also gain additional chances to win prizes.
Please check back for additional details!