- This event has passed.
Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines Webinar
The Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning is hosting a webinar sponsored by AASCU’s American Democracy Project on Wednesday, November 1 from 1:30-2:30 in the Center’s conference room.
Elizabeth Bennion, Elizabeth C. Matto, Alison Rios Millett McCartney, and Dick Simpson, the editors of the 2017 American Political Science Association publication Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines, will share with participants a review of the goals, challenges and rewards of integrating civic education into the curriculum, while highlighting best practices across disciplines and campuses.
Key topics will include:
- New FREE Resources for You: Using the Book & Website to Maximize Civic Learning Outcomes
- Foundations of Civic Engagement Education
- Teaching Civic Engagement Across the Disciplines
- Civic Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Teaching Engagement: A Status Update and Agenda for the Future