Loading Events

← Back to Events

Centennial East

Location:
Centennial East 401 S. School Street
Normal, IL

The School of Music is housed in Centennial East, along with Kemp Recital Hall, and Allen and Westhoff Theatres.

Centennial East opened in 1959 and was named for the University’s Centennial Celebration in 1957. The Kemp Recital Hall was named after Benny B. Kemp. Kemp was a piano instructor at Illinois State and an assistant to the department chairman and Coordinator of Recital Programs. He had been at the University since 1963.

Allen Theatre was named after Mabel Clare Allen. Westhoff Theatre was named after Frank W. Westhoff. He taught at the University from 1900-38 and served as first head of the Music Department.

Upcoming Events

  • There were no results found.