Hewett Hall, a co-ed residence hall connected to Manchester Hall, is located near Milner Library and the Bone Student Center. The beds in Hewett Hall can be bunked and the desks are movable.
Hewett Hall was named after Dr. Edwin C. Hewett, the 3rd President of Illinois State Normal University (ISNU). Hewett became President of ISNU in January 1876. He was also a geography and history teacher. Hewett brought the University through a recession and the first librarian, Ange V. Milner, was employed under his administration. Hewett Hall opened in 1966.